Any suggestions on how to get Maxton to let me brush his teeth? I'm struggling in that area. I've even tried just giving him the tooth brush a little wet so he can chew on it and get use to it.
Do you hold him down or just let him get use to the idea and then one day it will be easy??
Is it bad that sometimes I forget too!? :(
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sometime we did have to force it with Brooke when she was younger but it has gotten much easier.
Some things may or may not work for him but we let Brooke play around with it for a little bit and I tell her that it is my turn and I count to 10 (really slow if I need to) that way she knows when I get to 10, tickle the tongue, and we are done. We also let her up on the counter to see in the mirror while we brush our teeth with her and she can see herself and she mimics what we are doing.
I have a hard time with Lincoln too....he just bites down on the brush and won't let me move it around...I'm bad too and also forget some days...LOL! I even tried some of the non-flouride tooth paste and he just sucks it off...ugh!! I'm sure we'll eventuallly get it figured out...hopefully before their teeth turn brown!!! LOL!!!
Buy him the bubble gum toothpaste and let him suck it off. It passes for brushing at oue house! They make a non-flouride one with Little Bear on it.
Gwyneth thinks it's cool to brush her teeth. Our problem is getting her to stop. We just gave her the toothbrush and did the, "brush your teeth like mommy" game. She mostly sucks or chews on the brush but she is starting to move it around a little. She crys when I take the brush away. Crazy.
Post a Comment