Monday, August 10, 2009

Our First Family Vacation

Well our first family vacation was a success and SO much fun. Our final destination was for our trip was Ocean City, MD. We were there from Mid-day Friday to Monday am. I thought I took a lot of pictures but looking back through them I really don't have many "good" photos. I have attached some of my favorites. Maxton did really well. I threw our "routine" out the door for our vacation which included nap time, bed time and food. Maxton experienced being up until dark for the first time since he's been a "big" boy. He was up until like 9 or so a few nights (and slept until 9 which was great). I was suprised that he still slept all 12 hours since we bumped the bed time back. He experienced ice cream, Zebra cakes and potato chips this weekend. The best of all....Sand! And yes, it made it into his mouth! yuck! He also experienced the Ocean for the first time.....but didn't love it at all. I think it was a little scary for him. He would walk up kind of close to it but them want picked up. He enjoyed the pool much better I think because it was a lot warmer than the ocean. We stayed in a quaint little one bedroom condo that was a VRBO. I would definitely recommend going there. It's a little closer than the Carolina's and other beaches....probably not as warm but definitely a lot of beach and a lot to do. We had a great time this weekend and look forward to going back to Ocean City sometime in the future when we can take Maxton to do more. So all in all, the little guy got to visit this week.....Washington D.C., Maryland, Delaware and New York. Not bad for a one year old!

I have my swimmy Mommy, I'm ready!
Ready for some chicken Dad!
Dad, look at Nemo!
The view from a Restaurant we ate at on the tip of Ocean City.
Fun in the sand!
Don't put me down Daddy!
This is a deep hole. Sand is fun!
There's my shovel! Some great sand artist did this....No, not my craftmanship :)
At the end of the night after cruising the Boardwalk
At the Airport....Maxton has his I heart New York Monkey around his neck. So cute! Everyone was laughing and smiling at the little fella!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like the Balsters had a great 1st family vaca! :)

Mom V said...

Oh wow! That looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm so glad you let him stay up and experience it all. I sure miss the little guy. Can't wait to see him Thursday!!!