Monday, August 11, 2008
Broken tailbone?
Have you ever heard of someone breaking their tailbone during labor? I haven't seen a doctor for that diagnosis, but I'm pretty sure I have a broken tailbone. 19 days later and I am still very sore back there. I hear from some friends that there isn't really anything you can do about it but let time heal it. I guess I will keep stuffing motrin down to take away some of the discomfort. Other than the tailbone area I feel great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
First off, Congratulations! He is one handsome baby boy.. Yes, tailbones do brake during delivery and in particluar with large babies. The last I knew there isn't much you can do for it, it just takes time to heal but that was a long time agothey may have some miracle treatment now.
I'm sorry you're still hurting!
Yeppers! My cousin's wife broke hers during the delivery of their twins. She had a "donut" to sit on for several weeks until it was better. You might try sitting on your Boppy with your heiney in the hole part to take the pressure off of it!
We need to come visit... I'll call you soon!
Glad to hear all is going well. I had the same problem when my big girl was born in '69 at 9lbs.9oz. Dr. Huggins had to crack my tailbone in order to get her shoulders through. It will get better with time, even though it may not seem like it now.
Ouch...I have heard of it and with a big baby like that I believe it...hope you are feeling better soon
Post a Comment